L'Arche Calgary is recruiting a Director of Finances
The Director of Finance manages the functional area of Finance of L’Arche Calgary in accordance with the Vision and Mission of L’Arche, generally accepted accounting principles, government regulations, Accreditation standards, and policies and guidelines as determined by the Community Leader/Executive Director. Commitment to be in relationship with all those involved in L’Arche Calgary, including people with and without disabilities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that effective policy, guidelines, and systems are developed and maintained in areas of Finance, Accounting, IT, and Property.
- Provide supervision and leadership to the Payroll & Property Administrator.
- Ensure thorough and accurate financial reporting to the Property and Finance Committee, Board of Directors (dotted line to Board Treasurer), Community Leader/Executive Director, and Leadership Team, and applicable government authorities.
- Supervise the investment of funds and maintenance of bank accounts with the Property and Finance Committee.
- Chair the Property and Finance Committee monthly.
- Preparation of all budgets and assist the Community Leader/Executive Director in contract negotiations.
- Ensure cost effective and efficient management of insurance, equipment, and facility maintenance.
Read complete role description in PDF below.