L'Arche Antigonish is recruiting a House Leader
L'Arche Antigonish is seeking an energetic, compassionate individual to be a leader in one of our homes. The House Leader is responsible for the overall integration of the L'Arche Identity and Mission and Servant Leadership Model in the day-to-day life of the home, while planning and overseeing high quality support for each person with a developmental disability, and the supervision, support, training, and formation of all assistants and support workers in the home. The House Leader is an effective member of the house leaders' team in the community, the leader of the house team and an active member of the local L'Arche community.
We currently have 5 L'Arche houses where people with and without disabilities live together. We also support people in 3 day programs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and fosters a welcoming atmosphere based on the characteristics of house members
- Plans and facilitates inclusive celebrations and traditions in the home representative of house members
- Supports the life journey of core members through dynamic individual plans, regular medical appointments, meaningful daily activities, and active participation in all aspects of daily life in the home.
- Ensures all personal care and routines of core members are done with best practices to a high standard
- Keeps up-to-date and accurate records in all areas: financial, medical, individual planning, etc.
- Ensures maintenance and upkeep of physical home, vehicle(s), and all house equipment and supplies [...]
Read complete role description in PDF below.