L'Arche Toronto is recruiting a House Leader/Manager
L’Arche Toronto is seeking an energetic, compassionate individual to be a leader in one of our homes. The House Leader/Manager is responsible for the overall integration of the L’Arche Identity and Mission and Servant Leadership Model in the day-to-day life of the home, while planning and overseeing high quality support for each person with a developmental disability, and the supervision, support, training, and formation of all assistants, support workers and volunteers in the home. The House Leader/Manager is an effective member of the house leaders/manager’s team in the community, the leader of the house team and an active member of the local L’Arche community.
- We currently have four L’Arche houses in Toronto where people with and without disabilities live together. We also operate 3 programs for adults with disabilities: Sol Express, Trying It On For Size (TIFS) and an internal Daytime Program within the homes. We have a main office, the Gathering Place, located in East York where the administration team works.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and fosters a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere based on the characteristics of all house members
- Responsible for the scheduling within the home and ensuring there is adequate support at all times
- Responsible for managing a budget and submitting monthly budget reports
- Implement L’Arche Toronto, Federal and Provincial procedures pertaining to COVID-19
Read complete role description in PDF below.