L'Arche Ottawa is recruiting a Community Leader
L’Arche Ottawa is seeking an energetic, compassionate individual who is willing to lead this faith and relationship-based community for a mandate of 4 years with the possibility for renewal for up to two additional terms. Best fit individuals are those who embrace community building and are excited about opportunities for growth and change that will benefit the community. The Community Leader is overall responsible for identifying and delivering on opportunities to fulfill the mission of L’Arche and uphold the values and philosophy outlined in the Servant Leadership Model.
L’Arche Ottawa is a bilingual, vibrant, spiritual, relationship-based community. We currently have 6 homes, where people with and without intellectual disabilities live, work and share life together. It is a diverse, multicultural community that celebrates the unique gifts of each person who chooses to live and/or work with us. To learn more about our community visit: https://www.larcheottawa.org/
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence with government standards/directives and local community policies.
- Ensure adequate structures, systems, resources, and processes are in place to meet needs of L’Arche Ottawa.
- Supervise members of the Leadership Team and administrative personnel and must work closely with all stakeholders to manage the high-quality and person-centred care and well-being of the individual members of L’Arche Ottawa’s homes and programs.
- With the Board, Region, and Community, lead development of the four-year Community Mandate.
- Lead collaborative community process to develop an Action Plan based on the Community Mandate.
- Identify the overall needs of the community, develop priorities, and action plans, and oversee their implementation and ongoing evaluation.
Read complete role description in PDF below.