L'Arche Halifax is recruiting an Assistants Coordinator
The Assistants Coordinator is a member of the community leadership team and responsible for all Human Resource and administration including scheduling, payroll, benefits, recruitment, hiring, on-boarding and on-going development of all assistants and volunteers. The Assistants Coordinator works in partnership with house leaders to ensure the training, development, formation, and support of Assistants so that the Identity and Mission of L’Arche, the Servant Leadership Model, policies and government standards in the homes are well integrated. The Assistants Coordinator directly trains and supports the growth of assistants to work with house leaders and teammates to create homes that embrace the core values of L’Arche, thus resulting in high quality care for individuals with intellectual disabilities. In addition, the Assistants Coordinator is responsible for the training and on-boarding of all Board Members and community volunteers.
- We currently have a duplex in North End Halifax that is home for 8 people with intellectual disabilities as well as a variety of live-in and live-out assistants. We also support one individual through the Independent Living Support Program who lives in her own apartment. Our smaller community gatherings currently take place in our homes. For larger gatherings, we use local neighborhood spaces. We are a small and relatively new community having opened our doors in 2010. We are in the process of dreaming of a growth project and it’s an exciting time to join us!
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is responsible for all HR-related activities: scheduling, benefits, payroll, policy review and development, personnel records, etc.
- Is responsible for screening and hiring Canadian and International assistants in accordance with the policies and procedures, laws, and regulations of L’Arche Canada and Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
- Ensures all incoming assistants and volunteers are welcomed and well connected into homes; teaches them to create warm, welcoming, and comfortable, home and/or office environments
- Nurtures the gifts and growth of all assistants; ensures annual reviews and other support processes are in place and effective; works with house leaders to support each assistant.
- Encourages, teaches, and supports assistants to plan, participate in and lead meaningful celebrations and to understand and maintain traditions in the homes.
Read complete role description in PDF below.