L'Arche Daybreak is recruting a Programs Coordinator
L’Arche Daybreak is seeking an energetic, compassionate individual who is willing to welcome, form, and grow with House Leaders , Program Leaders and members with intellectual disabilities. The Program Coordinator is a member of the community leadership team. The Program Coordinator directly supervises the 2 House Leaders, 5 Program Leaders and ensures the integration of the Identity and Mission of L’Arche, the Servant Leadership Model, policies and government standards in the homes. The Program Coordinator directly encourages, trains and supports House and Program Leaders to create homes and programs that embrace the core values of L’Arche, thus resulting in high quality care for individuals with developmental disabilities and a thriving learning environment for Assistants.
- We currently have eight L’Arche homes and 5 day programs in Richmond Hill Ontario where people with and without disabilities live together. The Program Coordinator is responsible for programing at the Woodery, Craft Studio, Club, Spirit Movers and the Day Program. In addition, the Program Coordinator oversees two homes.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures HLs and PLs create a welcoming, clean, comfortable, safe, trusting, and unified environment.
- Ensures HLs and PLs adhere to all policies, guidelines and regulations.
- Nurtures the gifts and growth of HLs, PLs and members with developmental disabilities in the homes/programs.
- Leads processes, such as annual reviews, circles of learning, roles and goals meetings, and individual planning.
- Encourages, teaches and supports HLs and PLs to lead regular celebrations in the home/program as well as supports HLs and PLs to understand and maintain the traditions of the community, while teaching life sharing [...]
Read complete role description in PDF below.