L'Arche Saskatoon is seeking a Homes Coordinator
L’Arche Saskatoon is seeking an energetic, compassionate individual to support House Leaders (HLs) and members with intellectual disabilities. The Homes Coordinator is a member of the community leadership team. The Homes Coordinator directly supervises the House Leaders and ensures the integration of the Identity and Mission of L’Arche, the Servant Leadership Model, policies, and government standards in the homes. The Homes Coordinator directly encourages, trains and supports House Leaders to create homes that embrace the core values of L’Arche, resulting in high quality care for individuals with developmental disabilities and a thriving learning environment for Assistants.
Location: L’Arche Saskatoon is a vibrant community with two homes, several daytime activity groups, and a wider circle of friends and family that loves getting together in non-pandemic circumstances. We have a Collective Kitchen group, weekly prayer nights, and a monthly Friends of L’Arche Gathering.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures HLs and assistants create a welcoming, clean, safe, and comfortable home environment.
- Ensures HLs and assistants adhere to all policies, guidelines and regulations.
- Ensures a high quality of health and wellbeing for members with intellectual disabilities.
- Nurtures the gifts and growth of all HLs and members with developmental disabilities in the homes. Leads processes, such as annual reviews, circles of learning, roles and goals meetings, and individual planning.
- Encourages, teaches and supports HLs to lead regular celebrations in the home and maintain the traditions of the home.
- Supports HLs to maintain a comfortable rhythm of life in the homes, ensuring needs of all members are met.
Read complete role description in PDF below.