L'Arche Greater Vancouver is recruiting a Community Leader
We are looking for an energetic, compassionate individual who is willing to lead this faith and relationship-based community for a mandate of 4 years, with the possibility for renewal up to two additional terms. Best fit individuals are those who embrace transition and growth and are excited about opportunities for transformational change. L’Arche Greater Vancouver consists of four homes, two Day Programs. A building project is underway for a multipurpose facility where people with and without disabilities will live, work and create community together. This is a diverse, multicultural community, celebrating the unique gifts of everyone who chooses to live and work with us.
The Community Leader directs L’Arche Greater Vancouver, providing leadership in the development and implementation of its vision and mission for the community. The Community Leader is familiar with strategic planning, developing and evaluating action plans. They are responsible for the day-to-day life and management of the community in fidelity to the Identity and Mission of L’Arche and the new Community Mandate (July 2021-June 2025).
- Knowledge of L’Arche’s unique care model
- Knowledge of the Servant Leadership program of L’Arche Canada and L’Arche core values
- Committed to personal and shared spirituality
- Passionate about building relationships
- Empathetic, respectful, collaborative style, teambuilder
- Leads by example- Inspires confidence in others and calls forth their gifts.
- Passionate about advocacy with people with intellectual disabilities
- Comfortable with technology and tools
- Skilled in Human Resource practices and procedures
Read complete role description in PDF below.