L'Arche Daybreak is recruiting an Health Care Coordinator
L’Arche Daybreak is seeking an energetic, compassionate individual to work within a team context. The Health Care Coordinator ensures the health and wellbeing of core members through education, supervision and collaboration around health and medical issues. They also participates in planning for appropriate supports and services to meet the ever-changing needs of core members and the assistants who support them.
- We have 8 L’Arche homes in Richmond Hill where people with and without disabilities live together. We have 5 day programs (not currently operating), a spiritual and community life space as well as an administration building where the HCC has an office.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Educate and train assistants on matters of good health and managing medical conditions
- Train and Supervise medication administration and management as well as day to day medical procedures carried out by assistants including Controlled Acts
- Communicate with medical professionals, agency support coordinators, Daybreak personnel, core members and their families around health and medical concerns
- Work in collaboration with pharmacies including annual medication reviews ie. Neighbourhood Pharmacy
- Advocate for appropriate medical care and planning for core members
Read complete role description in PDF below.